[Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Mar 31 18:01:45 MST 2005

I need to use pbx_exec to launch a meetme session, but also need it
to immediately return back to my application.  Looking over other
uses of pbx_exec in the source, that does not appear to be a common
need, or I am mis-reading a lot of code.

Would my only choice be to use a wrapper function and a thread?  If
so could someone point me to a good reference for the proper use of
threads in *?

I sent this yesterday while not subscribed, but don't think it ever
received moderator approval.  If so, sorry for the duplicate.  In any
case, if there doesn't happen to be a novice level reference on how
to thread-enable an application, I may be able to convice my boss to
offer a bounty for the small bit of code to make our goals possible.

Thanks,
Dan