[Asterisk-Dev] Re: FYI: RPM

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 31 15:59:53 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 20:39 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> AIUI, Asterisk will indeed build without libpri or zaptel installed, BUT it
> will omit the parts that depend on them, e.g. MeetMe, PRI support, IAX
> trunking, etc.
>
> You should probably have two different builds: one as described above,
> called something like asterisk-nozap, and one built with libpri and zaptel
> available, specifying them as prereqs.

I'd like to see this in Fedora Extras. The way I'd probably do it is to
have the _build_ process require libpri and zaptel (possibly with an
option to turn them off), but put those modules which _use_ the extra
libraries split off into separate packages so the base 'asterisk' binary
RPM doesn't require the extras.

So you'd end up with asterisk, asterisk-fax, asterisk-zap, asterisk-pri
binary packages built from one source rpm. And probably also separate
asterisk-bluetooth and asterisk-capi source packages.

--
dwmw2