[Asterisk-Dev] Smartcards

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Mar 30 18:55:13 MST 2005

You mean to make phone calls or what? I suppose in a high-security
environment, a smartcard authenticated phone would be an interesting idea. A
lot stronger than a 4-digit PIN.

Not sure what you mean by multi-server? Like Inter-server authentication? In
that case, I'd say smartcards could perhaps be less secure than keeping the
RSA keys on disk. Depends on the environment. Unless you meant smartcard
authentication to logon to the server or something...

-Michael