[Asterisk-Dev] codecrenegotiation andfax [was:codec negotiationissue]

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Mar 29 11:22:41 MST 2005

Hi Kevin,

Jesse has this stuff implemented in iaxclient to some extent, but his
question is: what kind of signalling can we send to an asterisk box that
will give the desired behaviour ?

BTW, in your other post you are stating you estimate a timeframe of 30 days
to get this a bit further in the works. It would be nice if we can agree on
some basic API to allow access to that functionality from a monitoring
environment, which is what Jesse uses in his research to automatically
switch based on the network behaviour. If the design is clear enough, Jesse
and I will work on integrating his work into Asterisk where possible.

Florian