[Asterisk-Dev] Heads Up: Recent CVS Unstablity

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Mar 24 12:05:57 MST 2005

Sorry all I can give are symptoms.  First sign was on a version I built
over the weekend.  Still present in CVS-HEAD built early this morning.
Long-stable system with no other changes but CVS upgrade.  I always
upgrade with fresh checkout.

The most dramatic is an incoming call arrives, Zap interface picks up,
begins to dial "strung together with &" series of interfaces.

None of those stations rings except the local Zap FXS, and the instant
the first one rings, the story is over.  CLI is unresponsive, but the
Zap interfaces (I have two) ring and ring endlessly.  "stop now" will
eventually stop the server, after ~30 seconds.

It happens randomly, but only after the system has been running for
something like ten hours.  No build since it began has stayed up 24
hours without this occurring.

Also during the period just before this happened (hindsight is keen; I
was calling in from a separate Asterisk instance and I thought the
problem was on that end) IAX connections would sometimes die--the server
would receive a NEW and not respond, but then if I called back it would
work just fine.

FWIW.

Thanks.

B.