[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk H.323 driver

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at citron.com.tw
Wed Mar 23 23:12:03 MST 2005

Paul Cadach wrote:

> Don't forget Cisco CallManager uses fake IP address/port on OLC packet but OCLAck have real information from gateway, so
> we needs to analyze OLCAck to update RTP peer address and not use OLC information until OLCAck received or
> H323_ExternalRTPChannel::Start() is called.

Your comment is really constructive.
I did see some buggy devices that send fake IP/port on OLC.
Indeed in OnStartLogicalChannel, the remote IP/port is
retrieved from OLC instead of OLCAck. So that's a problem.

I'll re-consider the architecture.

> Also, there was flawless H323_ExternalRTPChannel::Start() call (or missed
> call) found some time ago. Because OpenH323 is out-of-tree and isn't maintained together with Asterisk so inheritance of
> H323_ExternalRTPChannel is a single possible workaround for one-line fix of OpenH323.

I don't really understand what you mean.
But I can guess what you concern.
You are afraid Openh323 been changed in future
so that my implementation will be broken?

--
    ~     Chih-Wei Huang (cwhuang at citron.com.tw)
   'v'    CTO, Citron Network Inc. ( http://www.citron.com.tw/ )