[Asterisk-Dev] strcasestr: referenced symbol not found in chan_sip.c

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Wed Mar 23 12:22:30 MST 2005

Paul Cadach wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Solaris usually have standard libraries with cutted functionality (I had such type of problems with Solaris some time
> ago, missed function asprintf()). Looks like Asterisk needs to have own "compatibility" library... :(

You got me thinking, Asterisk does have a compatible strcasestr already
in place.  I changed all instances of strcasestr to ast_strcasestr in
sip.conf and it loads fine now.  It looks like none of the codecs load
now due to missing init_plc symbol (must be a bad CVS day) but at least
SIP loads.

Maybe one of the developers who knows much more than I do about this can
see if this strcasestr should be changed to ast_strcasestr in CVS.

Brian