[Asterisk-Dev] SpanDSP and some fax machines...

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Mar 22 17:05:40 MST 2005

Matt Ranney wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Brian West wrote:
>
>> Has anyone found a fix for spandsp pre10 .. I still have some faxes
>> that come in smeared.  Has anyone else seen this or came up with a fix?
>

> Yes, I just started noticing this today.  pre10 has been handling
> nearly all incoming faxes just fine, except for ones from a certain
> specific fax machine.  This same fax machine can send to our other
> regular fax machines on POTS lines without any problems.
>
> I've tracked down one of the bad senders and asked them for the exact
> make and model of their fax machine.  I'll report that when I get it
> in case it helps.
>
> Is there any way to gather relevant debugging info for this problem
> without restarting asterisk?

I have posted this same procedure a few time. In t30.c uncomment the
first line, and rebuild the software. Now when FAXes are processed the
software will generate files of the audio in /tmp. Try a problem FAX
machine, and send me the pair of audio files (one for RX and one for
Tx). I think their naming is fairly obvious.

Regards,
Steve