[Asterisk-Dev] G.722 and Grandstream

Andrew Lindh asterisk at ntplx.net
Mon Mar 21 13:42:08 MST 2005

I was playing with the BT-100 phone and G.722 this weekend. I added
support to asterisk for G.722 calls and file format but I am having
some trouble with the codec translation (it's in there but not working).

The free example G.722 codec code I have does not seem to work with
the G.722 data that I get from the grandstream. Does anyone know exactly
what it is using or have some working C coded that works with their codec?
Or at least some GOOD G.722 documentation so I can re-write the codec code.

I have not tried G.722.1/G.722.2 which are not free (too bad).

I have the codec showing up correctly and I can make SIP calls with G.722
between supporting devices (I only have the grandstream)...

The whole issue may be moot as I did not hear any real improvement since
the BT100 phones are the cheapest toys...

If I don't get any answers I'll still publish my G.722 additions without
the codec translation, at least it will let people play with it.
Internal transport is just the same as ULAW since it's the same data rate.

  Andrew