[Asterisk-Dev] Answer Supervision for incoming calls in Asterisk

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Mar 21 07:28:21 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Early audio like this has a very short time window; I'd be surprised if
> very many telcos let you send early audio for more than 15-20 seconds
> before dropping the call if you don't answer it.

It is limited to the amount of time they (the shorter inteval of the
originating and the terminating telco) allow a call to remain in the
Alerting or Proceeding states. Time limits of one minute are
more common.

Early audio is sometimes prohibited across national borders. This is done
so to prevent confusing audio progress tones between countries with
diffrerent tone cadenses.

Peter