[Asterisk-Dev] init.d/asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Mar 20 22:30:50 MST 2005

MF Hulber wrote:

> # Leave this set unless you know what you are doing.
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
>
> It seems to work.  Should I leave it or change to something else?

First of all, questions like this should be asked on the -users list,
not the -dev list.

Second, is that comment not pretty self explanatory? Since you are
asking whether you should change it, it's fairly clear that you don't
fall into the group who "knows what they are doing" when it comes to
that particular setting.

Third, if it "seems to work", does that means that it _does_ work, or
that you're not sure whether it is working? If it does work, why mess
with it?