[Asterisk-Dev] Internals of Asterisk

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Mar 18 13:48:24 MST 2005

Daniel Pocock wrote:

>> Isn't that a bit contradictory? You say you've figured out how to
>> "implement video over Asterisk" but you don't understand the internal
>> architecture of Asterisk.
>>
>> In any case, Asterisk already supports video using SIP videophones,
>> and video over IAX between Asterisk servers.
>

> Maybe they can extend it to do video voicemail, or video assisted
> auto-attendant?  This could lead to applications such as video-enabled
> adult lines (`Hi, I'm Sally. Press 1 to see me...').  It would also be
> useful to display account information, CDR history, etc, in a video stream.

Ideally they'd do meetme videoconferencing for which a bounty has
existed for over a year.  I'm not sure that the bounty would still be
valid, but it's a feature that is oft requested.

I.E. mixing multiple video streams/codecs into one big picture and then
compressing that and sending a copy to each person.  Other alternative
is to use something like VAD to decide which video stream to play.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell