[Asterisk-Dev] G.729 licensing, again..

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Mar 15 13:58:23 MST 2005

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I guess one could apply it to the Intel G729 source and use that
>> until
>> Digium upgrades theirs?
>>

> If you enjoy running illegal code, sure.   I know I will not risk my
> business with illegal code.

Ooh.  We can get into this whole thread again.  Yay!.   (next week:
let's have replay the whole discussion about politeness and such).

But I'm a sucker, so I'll bite.

I contend that it is possible that, if you have paid the appropriate
royalties by buying the License rights via Digium, you might be able to
run the actual code from Intel instead, assuming you don't exceed the
number of licenses you have.  But I haven't seen their license
agreement, so I really don't know.

-SteveK