[Asterisk-Dev] Please help test jitterbuffer/PLC patches.

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Mar 15 12:43:40 MST 2005

On March 15, 2005 01:53 pm, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
> But G729 still isn't supported for PLC yet?
>
> I'd love to apply it, as I've got some seriously horrendous connections
> (packetloss up to 10%, jitter up to 100ms sometimes).

As the source to Asterisk's g729 implementation is closed, Mark or someone at
Digium would have to incorporate the necessary changes.  From what I gather
(I've been working a little with Steve... he's the brains, I'm just a
sounding board) the changes to implement it in any codec are pretty minimal.

I imagine that Digium will wait for the patchset to settle out a little
though.

-A.