[Asterisk-Dev] coredump in chan_iax2.c and codec_ulaw.c

Jerry Hicks gehicks at alltel.net
Sun Mar 13 12:10:07 MST 2005

On Sunday, March 13, 2005, at 02:17 PM, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> According to that bt, it didn't dump core in asterisk code. It failed
> in
> malloc and therefore it would make me question your kernel and/or
> system. Also if there is a problem in lintoulaw, you probably would see
> a lot of people complaining as I am sure pretty much every one uses
> that
> section of code.

Well, malloc can be whacked by user code fouling the heap too.   I'd
venture that is the most common occurance of malloc-caused coredumps.

'info libc' for malloc debugging options;  getting them active in just
the right process might be fun to figure out.  May give up some ideas
for what's happening though.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
gehicks at alltel.net