[Asterisk-Dev] Sip Registration Bug?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 10 11:07:07 MST 2005

Ben Miller wrote:
> Ouch, got the smackdown in mantis.  Apparently this behavior is a
> "feature".  Hmmm, no request for any additional information either.
> Anyway, I still think there is an issue with the fact that I can't seem
> to have too "friends" registered but.  I'll research this and post some
> packet caps if I can figure out what's wrong.

This is not an Asterisk problem, because Broadvoice peers can only be
identified by their IP address, since they don't do INVITE
authentication for inbound calls (unless they changed that recently).

When the calling peer does not authenticate, Asterisk will use the first
peer it finds in sip.conf with a matching IP address.