[Asterisk-Dev] Sip Registration Bug?

Greg Hill gregh-asteriskd at hillnet.us
Sun Mar 6 21:33:09 MST 2005

> account registered come into asterisk as if for the first account.  The
> channel is actually named based on the first account.
>
> For example.  I have two accounts:  The numbers for this example are:
> 8885551212 and 8005551212.
>
> In sip.conf I have:
>
> Externip=192.168.1.1   ;this is a real address in my real file
> dtmfmode=inband
> context=broadvoice-in  ; Default context for incoming calls
>
> register => 8885551212:password at sip.broadvoice.com
> register => 8005551212:password at sip.broadvoice.com
>

> When I dial the 8005551212 account I get an inbound call labeled:
> SIP/8885551212-asdf.
> The only way I can distinguish between them is to do a
> SIPGetHeader(TO,To) and parse the variable.

What if you add /exten to the end of your register statements? (if I
understand it correctly) that should cause calls related to that
registration to go to the specified context and extension, rather than
going to the s extension. That would enable you to handle the different
types of calls in the same context but with different command sequences.
Or maybe you already thought about that and I misunderstand the problem
you're experiencing..?

Greg