[Asterisk-Dev] Sip Registration Bug?

Ben Miller bgmiller at nframe.com
Sun Mar 6 19:46:08 MST 2005

Greetings,
I believe I may have found a bug with the way * handles sip
registration.

account registered come into asterisk as if for the first account.  The
channel is actually named based on the first account.

For example.  I have two accounts:  The numbers for this example are:
8885551212 and 8005551212.

In sip.conf I have:

Externip=192.168.1.1   ;this is a real address in my real file
dtmfmode=inband
context=broadvoice-in  ; Default context for incoming calls

register => 8885551212:password at sip.broadvoice.com
register => 8005551212:password at sip.broadvoice.com

When I dial the 8005551212 account I get an inbound call labeled:
SIP/8885551212-asdf.
The only way I can distinguish between them is to do a
SIPGetHeader(TO,To) and parse the variable.

When I packet sniff or use the SIPGetHeader, the invite from Broadvoice
is correct.

My "friend" definition is as follows:

[Broadvoice]
type=friend
username=8885551212
fromuser=8885551212
secret=password
host=sip.broadvoice.com
context=broadvoice-in
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=inband
port=5060
insecure=very
permit=147.135.0.128/32
qualify=yes

When I create another friend definition for the second account, neither
works (neither register properly with BV).  Is this possibly and issue
with NAT?

I believe this may be a bug in the sip registration code, but if I did
something incorrect, please let me know.  If this is a legitimate bug, I
can post more details to mantis.

Thanks,
Ben