[Asterisk-Dev] suggestions/discussion how toimplement CDR

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sun Mar 6 04:40:13 MST 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 03:05, Jerry Hicks wrote:
> The Asterisks lists aren't turning into usenet comp.os.* are they?

Sometimes some people here go over board, and it's a shame for the rest of us.

Some language just does not belong on a public list. It is true for both the
originator and the one replying. We are not some kind of frat house, but
supposedly a list of if not professionals, then people who act in a
professional manner.

When you feel the acid turn on - send yourself the email. Even if you are
right in what you are saying it does not make it any better, or more
justified. All that you accomplish in the end, is to make everyone else look
and feel bad. All because of some schlep who is probably not worth it anyway.

OpenBSD has the same crap going on, but their foulest mouth has, at least in
the past, belonged to the owner of the list. We are no so misfortunate here,
don't let yourself ruin the day because you feel "pissy". Take a walk around
the block or something, get a perspective, then send something positive
instead if you still feel you have to say something.

Pouring more fuel on the fire will not put it out. Usually all that happen is
that you weaken the group. The same group that you probably are trying to
support. Which then makes one ask the question what group DO you belong to?

My guess is that we are really all part of the same group. The group that
wants to strenghten Asterisk. The same group who are offering unselfish help
to other group members to see it flourish and prosper.

So ask yourself a question honestly - will your email actually help or just
stir up more crap for the rest of us?

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin