[Asterisk-Dev] answering machine detection

Ben Hencke brainstar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:59:27 MST 2005

Check out my machine detection app. It is listed on the voip wiki and
you can get it from here:

http://www.thenetbrain.com/files/app_machinedetect.c

Just add it to the makefile in the apps directory. The documentation
for it is available in * console by doing "show application
machinedetect".

It works by detection the length of the greeting. Most answering
machines have a greeting that is much longer than a "hello". Not 100%
but better than nothing.

If you check it out, please let me know how it works for you.

- Ben