[Asterisk-Dev] Manager XML

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 3 11:00:35 MST 2005

Chris Howard wrote:

> Distributing/broadcasting Events and accepting Actions/Resonses from/to
> clients is a different story.  What we needed was some sort of message
> bus that the asterisk manager could broadcast event messages to all
> client  as well as  receive actions and send responses  in a peer to
> peer fashion.  We looked at various middleware solutions and none really

This brings to mind another possibility: DBUS. It's gaining some
traction already on in Linux distros (although it's not Linux specific),
and it does pretty much what you suggest, in a very lightweight fashion.

I could see some advantage in having Asterisk just send/receive stuff
via DBUS, because then you have as many listeners/talkers as you want
(like IRC), they can come and go as they please, etc.