[Asterisk-Dev] Manager XML /proxy

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Mar 2 12:24:49 MST 2005

Colin Anderson wrote:

>Aha, knew I'd find it:
>
>http://www.sineapps.com/news.php?rssid=173
>
>XML-RPC interface and everything. HTH.

That is PyAsterisk. I already have that. I really think a c/c++ module
that takes advantage of one of the free XML-RPC libraries already in
existence would be nice. Nothing against python intended. Python is cool.

There could be an xmlrpc.conf file, of course.

What would be really nice is the ability to use xmlrpc calls in other
config files. Imagine something like this in sip.conf:

register => xmlrpc(......

That means you could write an xml-rpc server daemon that manages a group
of * servers. It might be in perl, php, whatever. It would be capable of
moving a DID from one server to another by using xml-rpc to tell the
servers to reload their config. When each server reloads, the xmlrpc
arguments in files like sip.conf and iax.conf result in queries to the
manager daemon to get the details of the registrations they need to do.

Just an example.

One of my key reasons for advocating XML-RPC integration is that it
would allow you to do quick prototyping and proof of concept(maybe even
in Visual Ba-sick). When you are get down to really kissing some bit,
you can rewrite it in c.