[Asterisk-Dev] Manager XML

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Tue Mar 1 22:20:26 MST 2005

Hello,

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
[skip]
> Adding "Accept: application/ms-excel" will not give you output
> in Microsoft Excel format, sorry twisted ;-)

MS Excel (at least 2K and higher) have possibility to convert specially-formatted HTML data into workbook. I've uses
this feature to make huge Excel's workbook "on the fly" filled with data coming from SQL server after "strong" analysis
(grouping on different "views", evaluating complex expressions, etc.).

So, it's possible to have application/ms-excel content type for MS Excel representation without knowelege of its
internal format.

Also, about iso-8859-1 and UTF8. There is possible to have national language to represent caller IDs, etc., so support
for multilingual extensions should be planned IMHO.

WBR,
Paul.