[Asterisk-Dev] 'tonezone' in chan_zap.c

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Mar 1 22:03:54 MST 2005

Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
>>all contributors conform to your 'code quality' standards is silly: Having
>>"not documented" code is better than having no code at all (see:
>>app_realtime).
>

> That's quite debatable.

Yeppers.  I've talked to a fair number of people, two of them core
developers, asking whether they use realtime in production, and if so,
what they think of it.

So far I haven't found the first person who is using it--I hope these
posts might rectify that--but in every case my followup question was,
"Why not," and I heard the exact same thing: paucity of documentation,
opacity of the code.

>>Also, if one complains 'I can't understand your code therefore it must be
>>your problem, and you must help me understand' - again, expect to be
>>flamed for that.
>

> That'd be on a case by case basis. For some of the code, that's a perfectly
> fine statement.

Well several nice people have volunteered to help me master it off-list,
which means that others who are potentially interested are on their own.

Which, if I read Alex correctly, is more than just fine by the
developers whose sentiments he represents.

B.