[Asterisk-Dev] 'tonezone' in chan_zap.c

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Tue Mar 1 16:52:32 MST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Preston Garrison wrote:

> Hey brian do you have aim, icq, msn, etc I wouldn't mind talking to
> you.  I have already greatly enhanced the realtime engine for something
> i was working on myself.  I would mind putting my head together with
> yours rather then replicate each others efforts.  I cut out all the bs
> communication stuff and went direct to the core.  Which was not easy
> since everything is self contained on an island where the only way
> sip., iax, realtime, etc can communicate with each other is through a
> message in a bottle :)
>
> However something to keep in mind we were all newbies once.  It seems
> that once developer get inside that close knit circle they seem to
> forget that it was a bitch to get into it in the first place.  Its
> funny some of the developers who all wanted to fork, bitched and moaned
> on end about how they treat developers, now sing completely different
> tunes now that they are part of the "in crowd"
Because they learned how the developer community works, and how to work
within the community, and realize that it ain't that bad really.

> All I am saying is we were all new once, a 2 second question being
> answered could save me 5 hours in grep time.  However I guess people
> would rather spend an extra 30 seconds possibly flaming me, instead of
> just helping me in the first place. :)
With all due respect, if it takes you 5 hours to grep for tonezone, you
need a faster hard drive ;)

You can always ask on irc, demonstrate you've done your homework, there's
a chance someone with clue has few spare cycles to help you out. But then
again, there's a chance everyone is too busy working to help you.

-alex