[Asterisk-Dev] 'tonezone' in chan_zap.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Mar 1 15:45:36 MST 2005

Preston Garrison wrote:
> I don't think it would hurt to have less of an attitude with these type
> of things.  Alot of really good developers don't have alot of time to
> poor through endless tens of thousands of lines of code to find out the
> answer to a simple question.  I think asterisk is missing out on alot of

"poor (sic) through endless tens of thousands of lines of code"? Give us
a break, please. Noone suggested that the poster needed to read and
understand all of Asterisk and Zaptel, but given that he had a specific
question about a configuration option, do you really think it would take
more than a 5-second 'grep' to find the code related that option?

In fact, a simple 'grep' for 'tonezone' shows enough hits for just about
  anyone to figure out what's intended for.