[Asterisk-Dev] How does Asterisk choose the CDr backend to use?

David Filion dfilion at dotality.com
Tue Mar 1 08:47:15 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how Asterisk chooses the backend it's going to
use for storing CDRs.
For example, if PostgreSQL, MySQL, and FreeTDS are installed, how does
Asterisk know
which one to choose? Does it choose which ever one is configured are
forget about the rest
or will it send a CDR to each configured backend?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been asked to put in logic that
will write CDRs to a local
file if the CDR engine cannot send the CDR to the DB being used.

Thanks,

David Filion