[Asterisk-Dev] Doxygen documentation ** Please help

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Mar 1 01:27:24 MST 2005

I've been playing around with the doxygen documentation of the Asterisk
API. What you do to enable this is
* Install doxygen
* Install graphviz to get "dot"
* Run "make progdocs"
* Launch a web browser to doc/api/html in the source code directory

You can enable a tree-view on the left hand of the generated web pages
by editing the doxygen config file in the contrib directory.

Running this, I note that a lot of parameters that are missing
documentation. Wouldn't it feel good to have a more complete developer's
documentation in the 1.2 release?

The files that need to be edited are in include/asterisk . Check the
astobj.h file to see how it works, it's a good example. Submit your
patches to the bug tracker in the "documentation" category.

Thank you for your assistance. We all will benefit from better developer
documentation.

Also, please check http://dev.asteriskdocs.org for updates on developer
documentation and todo's for 1.2.

/O