[Asterisk-Dev] CVS Head-- Dialplan disappeared! -- RESOLUTION

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Mon Jun 27 12:49:53 MST 2005

Here I answer my question:

QUESTION_ If there's a syntax error in the extensions.conf file, won't
it tell you?

ANSWER: No!

My problem was that one of the comments at the top of the file got
munged, most likely by me, but I have no idea how I did it:

; Static extension configuration files, used by
; the pbx_config module.

Changed to:

10 extension configuration files, used by
; the pbx_config module.

I fixed it back up, and everything works fine again. Sorry for the
scare.

We really, REALLY, need to improve the error messages on the parsing of
config files, so the average user, or some dingbat like me, won't write
in, suspecting some strange change in the CVS head is at fault, when
really it's our own doing.

If the logs or messages, or ANYTHING had indicated an error in the
parsing of the config file, I'd not have wasted a couple hours trying to
figure things out.

Shall I roll up my sleeves, and attack the config file parsing code? Or
is someone else already on this?

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at e-tools.com>