[Asterisk-Dev] Dial returning DIALSTATUS of NOANSWER and not BUSY

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Jun 23 13:03:03 MST 2005

My Dial() command seems to have stopped returning a BUSY status and instead
reports NOANSWER in the DIALSTATUS variable in a number of conditions where
it once reported BUSY.  Most notably when a SIP client is on an outbound
call it seems to report NOANSWER rather than BUSY, but not if it's on an
inbound call.  One Asterisk server here doing/handling all of the SIP
traffic too.  My asterisk version reports as

Asterisk CVS-v1-0-10/12/04-12:29:14 built by root at pbx0 on a i686 running
Linux

which I'm pretty sure to be wrong -- I still make my own builds off the
v1-0 tag in CVS and it seems that the version number doesn't properly
update.

I can't find any way to search Mantis either, so it could be I'm just
having an entirely stupid day.  But I've had no less than six incidents of
people being on the phone, a new call coming in and getting a NOANSWER
status rather than a BUSY status when they were definitely BUSY.

Any open bugs relating to this?
into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler