[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Variables

jurczak jurczak at digi-com.gr
Wed Jun 22 17:22:45 MST 2005

Hello,

I have some trouble understanding the difference between AST_LIST_TRAVERSE
and pbx_builtin_setvar or getvar

I have seen that some applications are receiving the variables through
pbx_builtin_getvar and other through AST_LIST_TRAVERSE

What is the difference between those two? I am trying to pass variables
to/from a channel. Should I try changing also the DIAL application? Because
I have seen that the DIAL application if it wants to pass variables to
channels it uses AST_LIST_TRAVERSE (dial application only passes variables
to SIP Channel).

If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to pass the variables without
changing anything in DIAL app?

Thank you.