[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New JAVA application server for Asterisk - OrderlyCalls

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Jun 21 12:56:17 MST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 13:01, Matt King wrote:
> 1)  OrderlyCalls MAY NOT be used to automate 'cold-calling'.

That appears to violate Clause 6 of the OSI definition:

	6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor
	The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in
	a specific field of endeavor.

> 2)  OrderlyCalls MAY NOT be used to provide or augment call queuing
> without the prior written permission of Orderly Software.

That also violates Clause 6.  It doesn't matter what your reasons are;
the OSI definition leaves no room for exceptions.  Not that I
necessarily disagree with your reasons, but your provisions do appear to
exclude your license from the OSI definition (and correspondingly
would violate your agreement with SourceForge).

I'm no lawyer, but simply putting your software on SourceForge may
indicate your intention to comply with the OSI definition, which would
render several of your license terms unenforceable (not to mention your
patent claims).

--
Tilghman