[Asterisk-Dev] A pipe length tester for TDM400 cards

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Jun 17 14:43:38 MST 2005

{clip}

Steve, how plausible would it be to modify this code to run against Asterisk itself, to be able measure the effective endpath of an established channel? Ie. a call that has been placed (ast)<-[zap/PRI]->(pbx)<-(analog)->(handset).

I have some digital cordless phones on my network and they're producing an acoustic echo inside the handset the tail length of which, presumably due to the cordless aspect, is longer than the 64ms hardware echo canceller I'm using between Asterisk and the PBX. What I'm thinking is that your model would allow me to measure conclusively how long the actual endpath is and thus be able to size a replacement echo canceller accordingly.

Any thoughts?

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District