[Asterisk-Dev] Jitterbuffer bug?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jun 11 11:35:03 MST 2005

Cvs-head from yesterday, fedora 3, 3ghz, single iax call in *

Significant part of iax.conf looks like this:

[general]
jitterbuffer=yes
trunktimestamps=no
maxjitterbuffer=200
maxexccessbuffer=100

[teliaxout]
type=peer
host=voip.teliax.com
username=myuserid
auth=md5
secret=mysecret
forcejitterbuffer=yes
jitterbuffer=yes
disallow=all
allow=gsm
trunk=no

I place an iax outbound call via voip.teliax.com to an analog pstn
number that terminates on this asterisk box. The call goes directly
to the IVR as expected, and when I press "3" I see the following
iax2 debug output:

Timestamp: 10002ms  SCall: 00004  DCall: 00123 [208.139.204.232:4569]
vvvvTx-Frame Retry[000] -- OSeqno: 004 ISeqno: 006 Type: DTMF Subclass: 3

Immediately after pressing "3", the debug shows about 100 of the
following messages:
clamping target from 521 to 200
clamping target from 521 to 200
<snipped many more>
clamping target from 521 to 200
clamping target from 521 to 200

Changing maxjitterbuffer to 500 and repeating the call yields:
clamping target from 642 to 500
clamping target from 642 to 500
<snipped many more>
clamping target from 642 to 500

Turning off the forcejitterbuffer stops the messages (as expected).

Issues:
1. why would the jitterbuffer only react with the above messages when a
dtmf digit is "sent" via the iax link?  (bug?)
2. If the "clamping target" message is accurate, why would there be
hundreds of the exact same messages following the press of any single
dtmf digit?  (the numbers don't change in the messages at all)

Rich