[Asterisk-Dev] libpri: mgt controls

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 12:07:38 MST 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 12:00:04PM -0500, Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 01:20:45PM -0400, Mike M wrote:
> > I have a back-to-back PRI setup and running and I am learning libpri.
> >
> > Is there a management interface?  Where does Asterisk configure each D
> > link and tell it things like "start", and "stop".  Is there a status
> > channel for reporting back to Asterisk?
>
> Look in chan_zap.c under the various pri functions

I think I found what I was looking for in chan_zap.c - the global
repository of PRI control information:

	static struct zt_pri pris[NUM_SPANS];

Inside "struct zt_pri"  there is a pointer to:

        struct pri *pri; /* Currently active D-channel */

chan_zap.c looks inside the "struct pri" objects for up/down status, etc.
libpri modules use the same objects to record state, etc.

Is it true that Asterisk PRI D channels always try to be "up" and there
are no user level controls to disable/enable it?

Thanks for great lead.
--
Mike