[Asterisk-Dev] ast_frame

Ben Kramer ben at voicetronix.com.au
Thu Jun 9 19:09:10 MST 2005

heya,

just looking into an issue that sometimes occurs with the chan_vpb.c
channel driver. What appears to happen is that we receive audio frames
at rate faster than we can stick them out on the card. Currently it is
just checking if the buffer has filled up, and drops the next audio
frame. It appears to only happens at the beginning of calls, suggesting
that audio frames where being sent before we where ready to process
them.
Now onto the subject title! I noticed in the ast_frame structure that
there is a delivery timeval struct. I cant determine if this is a time
stamp or not. Could I use this to determine if the audio frames I have
received are old, and are safe to drop ?

Cheers,

Ben.
--
"A slashdotter that didn't build his own computer is like a Jedi who
didn't build his own lightsaber."