[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Problems with chan_capi

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Jun 9 08:33:07 MST 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Stefan Tichy wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 08:53:14AM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > Which version of chan_capi, the kernel and the divas drivers do you use ?
>
> It might be the same problem I had earlier this year.
>
> Asterisk 1.0.6
> chan_capi 0.3.5
> capi4linux-2004.9.27-2.1.i586.rpm (SuSE 9.2)
> Kernel 2.6.10 (vanilla)
>
> The solution was to update Diva Kernel modules using source from Eicon.

What exactly was your problem? If the in-kernel divas driver produces error
which can be fixed with the Eicon sources, I would like to investigate this
further.

> There seems to exist another problem if a different (more recent)
> version of libcapi is used.

That's true. The latest version of libcapi is not binary-compatible with
older ones (major update) and the applications need to be recompiled against
the new lib/headers.

Armin