[Asterisk-Dev] Incorrect behavior : address for SIP responses

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 8 08:56:36 MST 2005

Christian Cayeux wrote:

> So, as Asterisk is intended to support RFC3581, should we consider it a bug?
> Well, i still believe this is a bug, because this is the cause of potential
> serious interop issues. If * is intended to interop with most of SIP
> implementations, then it should conform to RFC3261.

Asterisk defaults to RFC3581 processing, unless you specify 'nat=never'
in your configuration. However, if the SIP peer is not specifying
'rport' in their headers, we shouldn't be using RFC3581-compliant replies.

If you know that this is the case, please open a bug in Mantis with a
_complete trace_ of the call. If you don't know how to generate one, get
on #asterisk on freenode and ask a bug marshal to help you get one made.