[Asterisk-Dev] Re: dialplan eval problem?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Jun 8 07:28:44 MST 2005

> Anyway the syntax you are trying isn't valid.  I see no where in the
> help text or code of GotoIf that would imply this very logical way of
> doing it.

	Sure there is. From the wiki:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+GotoIf

"condition is just a string. If the string is empty or "0", the
condition is considered to be false. If it is anything else, the
condition is true. This is designed to be used together with <expression
syntax>."

Follow the link to expression syntax and you get this:

"The ':' operator matches expr1 against regexp, which must be a regular
expression."

Which tells me that I can create any regex and use that after a ':' in
any condition in Asterisk.

> Then again why are you trying so hard this is simple:
>
> exten => 9/_3091.,1,Goto(cscid)
> exten => 9/_3144.,1,Goto(cscid)
> exten => 9,1,Goto(ncid)

	Why do on 20 lines what I can do on 1? The example dialplan I provided
had been trimmed. There are actually about 20 numbers in that expression.

-Matthew