[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Makefile changes in CVS HEAD

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 00:53:35 MST 2005

In article <42A4C828.3020504 at digium.com>,
Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > Using GCC file-scope constructors allows the ids to be registered
> > without needing explicit init calls for each file.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, Tony! This technique works fine, including even
> destructors at module unload time, so I've implemented it in CVS HEAD,
> with a new 'show version files' CLI command to display the revision
> tags.

Actually, I gleaned the constructor idea from the mutex initialisation
in lock.h :-)

The only thing I've noticed is that by using $Revision$ instead of $Id$,
it is not useful with the "ident" command, which gives:

# ident asterisk
asterisk:
     $Revision: 1.11 $
     $Revision: 1.20 $
     $Revision: 1.75 $
     $Revision: 1.58 $
...etc...

with no indication of which file each revision refers to. You have to
actually run asterisk and do "show version files".

> Next time you open a bug in Mantis I'll shoot you some extra karma
> points :-)

Thanks! Username is softins. I do have a couple of bugs open already;
if you could breathe some life into #3599 too, that would be excellent.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield