[Asterisk-Dev] CDRs - Revisited

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Jun 6 09:25:38 MST 2005

I recently patched our system to do the following to CDRs:

    - Add 'fdst' column. 'F'inal 'Dest'ination of call.
    - Modify 'dst' column to never change once set.

Our biggest problem is that we use src and dst to do all our billing and we
can't bill a call that has "s" as the destination. In fact, I stoped using
's' about 6 months ago and I use "_X." everywhere that I used to use "s". I
know that is bad but, currently, that is the only workaround.

But I still needed to know which extension was rang in the end as we give
web access to all CDR information on a per-station basis.

I have lots of Goto's and they kept changing my dst. So now I have CDRs that
look like this:

src          dst         fdst
2815551212   8322008640  3044        <-- used a Goto in the dialplan to
reach me
2815551212   8322008630  8322008630  <-- dialed my DID.

If anyone is interested, its a small patch, I'll mantis it. If this could be
the start of something better, please pass along your ideas and suggestions.

-Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.