[Asterisk-Dev] build failure of cvs head cvsup'd ~1200 UTC 06-06-05

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 6 05:59:32 MST 2005

Jerris, Michael MI wrote:

> Is it time to set up a little compile farm for testing at least compile
> success on commits?  This has bit us several times and has been an issue
> with things from different shell versions, make versions, gcc versions,
> ect.  How hard would it be to run everything through an automated
> compile test before commit?

Actually, that's on the agenda to be discussed this week at Digium. I
want a 'build farm' to test commits, on various different operating
systems and CPU architectures, before the commits go into the public
tree. Even the best of us will make mistakes like this, and I can't
predict when something will fail to build on FreeBSD or Darwin, so I
think it's important that we get this set up to try to ensure that CVS
commits are as well-tested as possible.

Stay tuned :-)