[Asterisk-Dev] making progress; how to debug "() ??"

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Jun 1 09:58:41 MST 2005

Hey guys,
 I'm making big headway in bringing an old SNMP patch up to current CVS.
Module loads at startup, connects with running snmpd and I can query
asterisk with snmpwalk to see all sorts of stuff.

 My problem right now is unloading the module from asterisk. If you tell the
module to unload, the CLI returns immediatly and asterisk core dumps a few
seconds later.

 When I backtrace, I get this:

#0  0x40baf957 in ?? ()
#1  0x40b982b4 in ?? ()
#2  0x400262b6 in start_thread () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

My module links with about 4 other shared objects that are not part of
asterisk. I'm guessing that is why I see ?? () in the bt's?

I tried reading up on how to load more symbols into gdb but I have to know
the memory address to load them into. How the heck am I suposed to know
that? Is there a better way? A correct way?

I see that gdb loads some symbols from mysql and that isn't part of
asterisk, but res_config_mysql is a module in asterisk. If my new module is
part of asterisk, how come gdb doesn't load its symbols too?

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.