[Asterisk-Dev] Speex preprocessor and DTX - testers needed

James Cowling cowling at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 28 18:51:18 MST 2005

>>Is anyone interested in giving it a try?  I don't anticipate any
>>problems so it's only a matter of downloading the latest CVS, installing
>>the patch at http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4755, and setting
>>preprocess => true and pp_vad => true in codecs.conf.  You'll need a
>>new-ish version of Speex installed too.
>>

>What version? I can't see this requirement mentioned in the above bug
>report.

Anything after 1.1.6 (July 2004) should be fine. If you're using Speex
you'd be best upgrading to the latest version anyway, there've been
quite a few improvements made.

Just found out that the Speex 1.0.x Stable branch doesn't support
preprocessing - I'm going to have to modify the patch to check for this...