[Asterisk-Dev] Disabling native bridging altogether?

Peter Hsu peter at linkupservice.com
Sat Jul 23 15:00:19 MST 2005

The error wasn't in res_feature.c after all.

I found the problem to be elsewhere, but I'm not sure if it's a bug.

The problem was that I was dialing out from a Local extension.

In other words, I was using the manager API to originate an action to
channel Local/1NXXNXXXXXX at mycontext and my conf looked like:

[mycontext]
_1NXXNXXXXXX, 1, NoOp(Some processing stuff, some UserEvents, other stuff)
_1NXXNXXXXXX, 2, Dial(IAX2/outgoing-context/${EXTEN})

I understand this might not be typical usage, but please bear with me.

Anyhow, what I found was that the config->timelimit was getting reset, but
not by res_features.c.

I believe what actually happened was that occassionally the
channels/channel_local.c would masquerade the bridged channel.  When this
happened, it looks like all the ast_bridge_config data got lost.  I may be
completely wrong, since I didn't delve too deep into why the the
masquerading takes place, but every time it did, the timelimit would get
reset.

Anyways, the point of the follow up is to find out why the channel is
masqueraded, and also if it might be causing some of the other issues with
the timelimit?

Thanks for all your help,

Peter