[Asterisk-Dev] Understanding Realtime

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jul 23 09:52:26 MST 2005

Timur V. Elzhov wrote:
> Dear Asterisk Developers,
>
> I'd like to understand RealTime engine in more details, but
> I couldn't find the single C source, where it is implemented.
> Could anyone tell me its name?

Please read README.realtime and README.extconfig in the doc/
directory of your Asterisk CVS head source code.

There's a lot of readable documentation in the doc directory, as
well as in the sample configuration files in configs/

So even if you already have a running Asterisk configuration,
visiting the sample configs from time to time will tell you about
new things in CVS head and tell you how to use them.

The actual source is implemented in the res/ directory.
If you want to check how it is used, you can check the realtime
interface in chan_sip for peers and users. channels/chan_sip.c

/Olle