[Asterisk-Dev] Memory Leak in Stable?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Jul 22 08:50:07 MST 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> > What can I do to debug this?
>
> Try going into the Makefile and enabling MALLOC_DEBUG.  Then, see if
> that can help you narrow down where the leak is coming from.
>
>   You can view malloc debugging with:
>     *CLI> show memory allocations [filename]
>     *CLI> show memory summary [filename]

Yeah.. Kevin pointed me in that direction on the dev call yesterday so
over the weekend I'm going to rebuild their installation w/ this and see
if I can pinpoint the exact module.

I suspect it might be chan_sip or app_queue causing the problem.

If I get the time, I might also write a little plugin for Cacti or MRTG
that will periodically connect via manager interface and plot memory usage
per module on a graph so we can see which ones might be leaky.

                             KP-216-121-ST