[Asterisk-Dev] How hard is it to develop another chan_modem_XXX.c driver?

Claudio Sá de Abreu abreu at vialink.com.br
Wed Jul 20 18:50:02 MST 2005

For a voice modem other than those now supported by chan_modem?

I have an Digi Acceleport RAS 8 installed in one of my machines. I wonder if
the virtual modems offered by their driver are voice modems and if I could
base myself on one of the existing chan_modem_XXX.c in *. I don't even know
WHAT makes a voice modem a voice modem. Where should I start?

Driver: ftp://ftp.digi.com/incoming/tech_support/linux/dgdm-1.1-5.src.rpm

AT Command set reference:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/9000120a.pdf

Product specs: http://digi.com/pdf/prd_mca_acceleportras.pdf