[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail locking

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 17:45:01 MST 2005

Why do we even depend on the file name for any sort of naming
conventions?  Why not use something that already works and is a
standard like Maildir?  If we used maildir and something like
format_base64 then you can automagically read/write the voicemail
spool from either an imap server sitting on top of it.. or via
voicemail.  Thats why tony created format_base64.c

http://www.pbxfreeware.org/format_base64.c

just do it the Maildir way!

/b