[Asterisk-Dev] SIP domain support

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jul 19 13:44:05 MST 2005

I've written a patch that adds SIP domain support to Asterisk.

With this patch, Asterisk will recognize the domains it is responsible
for and reject INVITEs to other domains - very much like your mailserver
handles SPAM. You configure local domains in SIP.conf with

	[general]
	domain=<mydomain>[,<context>]

This way, invites by non-peers/users to a domain (outsiders) will be
directed to the specified context. This simplifies multi-hosting.
info at edvina.net will not be the same as info at astricon.net - even if the
same Asterisk handles both domains.

Please test this patch and report your findings in the bug report:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4466

A side effect is that I will be able to make Asterisk aware if a
transfer is to a local extension or another host in another domain - but
that is a separate patch.

Thanks,
/Olle